Import data from Excel in parameters🔗
Impact supports direct insertion of data from Excel when in modeling mode.
This is a simple way to parameterize vectors or matrices by given data via the input field of parameters ands variables in the Properties panel.
- Open a spreadsheet in Excel (CSV or XLSX), which contains your numerical data
- Select the area that represents the matrix (2d table) or vector (row)
- Paste it into the empty input field
Impact will automatically convert the clipboard data into Modelica-compliant code.
This functionality supports: vectors
[:] (rows), 2D matrices
[:,:] (tables) or scalar values (single cell content).
size of each dimension is not limited, but note, pasting very large amounts of data affects performance.
Copy Excel data, paste into model parameter
- The copy of a column of data will be transformed into a matrix of dimension
- The copy of a row of data will be transformed into a vector of dimension
- If you only copy the content of a single cell, then the content can be pasted anywhere (even in the code editor)
The current version of Impact has the following restrictions:
- Make sure that the source data contains a *dot as decimal separator and *commas as thousands separator
- Make sure that all cell data in the source have the same data type (
Integer(subset of Real)). Do not mix, as it is not allowed in Modelica
- All cells within a selection must contain data (empty cells would break the Modelica array)
- Make sure not to copy table headers or similar items
Booleans, or mathematical expressions like
x+4is not supported
Edit Model Parameters | Top Level Parameters | Filter Parameters