Aircraft Dynamics Library 1.8 is part of Modelon’s 2023.1 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- A new WingSizing example demonstrating the variability of the aircraft geometry.
- The 2 DOF motion block has been replaced with a 2.5 DOF motion block (Pseudo3Dof). This new block pitches the aircraft based on flight path angle and effective flow angle so that force vectors (thrust, drag, lift, weight) can have different orientation. Previous results were incorrect when the flight path angle and the effective flow angle were not equal to zero.
- A new control framework is added that enables easy setting up of segmented flight missions. A segment is active when its trigger condition is met while the closest preceding segment was active. An example is provided in Examples.MissionSegments.
- Outputs for different airspeeds are added. The new additions are Mach number, vtas (true airspeed), veas (equivalent airspeed), vias (indicated airspeed), and vcas (calibrated airspeed). The signals are calculated in the airdata block in the aircraft model. Mach number and true airspeed are still available on the DynamicStateBus as well.
- A sign error on body longitudinal force in the Nguyen and Stevens aerodynamics models was corrected.
- The aircraft summary.LiftForce and summary.DragForce was previously outputting the aero force blocks signals directly, which for Nguyen and Stevens were body aligned X and Z forces. The summary record now measures the aero forces in Wind frame to be consistent regardless of how the aerodynamic model is defined.