Electrification Library 1.8 is part of Modelon’s 2022.2 release. New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
Guided battery modeling workflow
- New guide: Select a battery model
- New guide: Configure a battery model
- New guide: Parametrize a battery model
- New guide: Verify and validate a battery model
- New guide: Resize a battery model
- A simpler list of example battery models to start from.
- A separate list of application specific example batteries (Examples.Applications).
- Pre-parametrized example core models for different cell chemistries.
Simplified (ideal) battery models
- A simplified Infinite battery pack and core (cell) model.
- A basic Nominal battery pack and core (cell) model, that can be parametrized for energy content and output power.
- A new core model template (Characteristic) that can be parametrized based on discharge curves from a cell datasheet.
- A more structured list of battery pack experiments that is easier to browse.
- New experiment templates that replicate common lab tests. More information in the guide: Verify and validate a battery model.
- Support for evaluating nominal voltage, capacity and energy with a static discharge experiment.
- Experiments for evaluating maximum dynamic power ("pulse power capability").
- Easier to switch between current or C-rate for input to experiments.
New battery summary outputs
- DoD (Depth of Discharge).
- Maximum continuous charging current and power (previously only discharging)
- Cell voltage limits are now considered when determining maximum continuous current and power.
- Maximum continuous charging current and power now calculated (in addition to discharging).
- Cell limits are now automatically available in battery controllers, and used for setting default limits
(Note: Likely to affect results if the previous default limits were used).
- The calculation of current and power limits now (automatically) considers the selected routing scheme for an array of cells (relevant when modeling imbalances between individual cells).
- Merged the old LimitsThresholdSoC into the LimitsFixed controller.
- Reduced default cell limits from infinite to "very large", to trigger warnings for obviously unrealistic values.
- Restructured parameter dialogs related to limits.
Scaling of battery models
- Several adjustments to better support scaling of battery models.
- SoC range can be re-scaled for the tabular OCV and impedance models (via the parameters
- Bug fix related to scaling of second order resistance in Dynamic2nd impedance model.
Battery impedance models
- New impedance models (Dynamic1stPulse and Dynamic2ndPulse) that are parametrized based on the dynamic response from a pulse test.
Battery voltage models
- Separated the tabular OCV model into two (with or without temperature dependence).
Battery thermal dynamics
- Added support for modeling heat transfer between individual cells in a battery pack.
- New IndividualCells thermal model.
- Fix issue with parameters for configuring thermal states.
1D vehicle model
- System examples with the SimpleChassis1D model has migrated to the 1D vehicle model from MSL (includes rolling resistance and road inclination).