VDL Version 4.1
VehicleDynamics Library 4.1 is part of Modelon���s 2022.2 release.
Performance Improvements in Deployed Models
There have been significant changes ���under the hood��� to improve the overall performance of vehicle models deployed to driver-in-loop (DIL) and vehicle-in-loop (VIL) environments. These changes have resulted in faster turn around times for models utilizing detailed kinematic and compliant suspension topologies. The reduction in processor usage allows users to either increase vehicle subsystem complexity in DIL applications or improve sensor modeling for ADAS and automated driving in VIL applications.
Vertical Force Input for Kinematics and Compliance (K&C) Rigs
It is now possible to input vertical force
f_z (instead of vertical position
z) in K&C chassis rigs (e.g.
K&CHub rig). This enables simulating experiments where all six forces and torques are input at the contact patches/hubs e.g. using measurements from wheel force transducers. The
enable_Fz_input parameters define whether position or force inputs are used.
- The ClosestPoint2 ground sensor, which is used commonly in ground impact models, now includes the ground speed. This improvement means that the sensor and associated ground impact models now work properly in rig tests using the PivotingPlanes or ShakerN ground model.
- The detailed Electric powertrains have been updated to use a batteryPack with a Nominal core model from the Electrification Library which is simpler to parametrize.
- The FMU export examples have been improved with a velocity robot added to all chassis models and the use of ChassisStates sensor for the outputs. Export functions have been added with appropriate settings to run the FMUs in real-time.
- Power output has been added to engine torque components.
- Ratio output has been added to gearset components.
- The default vertical damping for all Pacejka tire models has been reduced from 500 s-1 to 50s-1. This will have a minor effect on simulation results for models using these tire models.
- Files for the TabularRoad ground model generated prior to VDL 1.9 are no longer supported. These files can be converted to file_version=1.1 by contacting Modelon support for help.
- Ineffective r0HX_1 and r0HX_2 parameters have been removed from SuspensionWheelRig.
Conversion of User Libraries
User libraries will automatically be converted from version 4.0. These conversions are made using the included conversion script: VehicleDynamics/Resources/Scripts/Convert_to_4.1.mos.