Modelon Impact client libraries makes it easy to programmatically connect and interact with a Modelon Impact server.
The libraries wrap the Modelon Impact REST API framework and helps with:
- Authenticate users against Modelon Impact
- Creating and automating custom workflows in your favorite programming language
- Defining and executing simulations on the Impact server
- Compiling models on the server and downloading them as FMUs
- Fetching results and do post-processing
Available client libraries for Modelon Impact:
Python - Targets scripting and workflow automation.
The Python library client is recommended for most use cases.
REST stands for Representational State Transfer. A REST API is an application programming interface that conforms to the constraints of REST architectural style and allows for interaction with RESTful web services.
Modelon Impact has a low-level web-interface (REST API) that the client libraries are wrapping. The documentation is available here.