Thermal Power Library 1.22 is part of Modelon's 2021.2 release. New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
Version 1.22 contains the changes described below.
Build 1 (2021-06-10)
- The SeparationProcess package is added for gas-liquid contactors in thermal separation processes which contains models for carbon separation from flue gas with an absorption process and adsorption process. The key experiment is CO2absorptionWithMEA. This is an example process for carbon dioxide absorption from flue gas with MEA as solvent. The process is uncontrolled, solution recirculation rate and reboiler duty are boundary conditions for the system. There is an example for recirculation equilibrium as well in CO2absorptionWithMEAEquilibrium. Both use the same template CO2absorptionWithMEA.
- Solar Power Tower with Supercritical CO2-based Recompression Brayton Cycle (ThermalPower.Experiments.SolarPowerTowerBraytonCycle) example is added. This is an example of a central receiver concentrated solar power system, based on a model of the 12.5 MW Solar Two test facility in California, USA
- The MicroGrid package has received a major overhaul, including the possibility to run optimization scenarios. Please see the MicroGrid information package for more information.
- Geometry parameters S_t and S_l of Fins are no longer evaluated.
- Improved the start attributes of the HeatExchangerDimensioningBase template
- Replaced all type of absolute pressures from SI.Pressure to SI.AbsolutePressure, since SI.AbsolutePressure is a better usage.
- Added missing conversion script for migration between version 1.18 and 1.19.